Doggie District Pet Resort & Training Center believes, and experts agree, that an active dog is a healthy and happy dog. Activities can range from high energy group playtime, to peaceful belly rub times. With lots of space to play, Doggie District can truly be vacation for your pet.
Our Best Dog Boarding Packages in Phoenix, Tempe, Mesa
At Doggie District we offer several discounted activity packages that include your choice of play times, treats, tuck in services and more. Choose from one of our premium activity packages below:
- 5 Star Dog Lodging – The VIP experience including all-day play, gourmet treat, belly rub/tuck in service, daily report card sent to you, premium bedding upgrade, and Doggie TV!
- 4 Star Dog Lodging – All-day play, gourmet treat, photos sent throughout the stay, and upgraded bedding!
- 3 Star Dog Lodging– Features a half-day play, as well as enjoying the amenities of the facility!
Please Note that the cost of activities is in addition to lodging.
Why do Activities?
When considering activities for your pet, consider the following from Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine*:
- Exercise helps keep pets healthy, agile and limber.
- Dogs need physical and mental stimulation each day.
- Exercise reduces the incidence of digestive problems and constipation. Exercise helps prevent depression.
- Sufficient exercise helps reduce or eliminate common behaviors such as digging, excessive barking, chewing and hyperactivity.
- Exercise helps prevent boredom and channels the dog’s energy in a productive, acceptable direction.
- It’s a good way to help a timid or fearful dog build confidence and trust.
(Partnership for Animal Welfare, Inc.) from The Many Benefits of Exercise and Play from Your Dog newsletter (published by Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine)